Three arrested for jeweller brothers` murder
Thane: Three persons, including two girls,have been arrested in connection with the last week`s murder of two brothers, who ran a jewellery shop at Nallasopara in Thane, police said Monday.
The three arrested, all around 19-20 years of age, planned the double murder with an intention of robbery, Thane District Rural Superintendent of Police Anil Kumbhare told reporters here.
The three accused were detained two days back and arrested yesterday.
On April 8, brothers Dinesh Narayan Soni (27) and Madan Narayan Soni (42) were allegedly strangled with plastic straps used for box packaging at their house.
Police said the main accused in the murder, Farhan alias Mallik Mumtaz Ahmad Shaikh (25), hid himself in a lodge. When the police tried to catch him earlier, he jumped out of the third floor window and fell over a `tandoor` of a hotel and sustained minor injuries. He is being treated at a hospital now, police said, adding that he would be arrested later on.
Farhan worked as a spot boy in some film studios and used his girlfriend (one of the accused arrested in the case), who worked in a call centre, in the crimes, police said.
Their modus operandi was to send a girl to a jewellery shop on the pretext of making some purchases. Later, the girl would befriend the owners following which the male members of the gang would kill them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof