Three arrested for jeweller brothers` murder
Thane: Three persons, including two girls,have been arrested in connection with the last week`s murder of two brothers, who ran a jewellery shop at Nallasopara in Thane, police said Monday.
The three arrested, all around 19-20 years of age, planned the double murder with an intention of robbery, Thane District Rural Superintendent of Police Anil Kumbhare told reporters here.
The three accused were detained two days back and arrested yesterday.
On April 8, brothers Dinesh Narayan Soni (27) and Madan Narayan Soni (42) were allegedly strangled with plastic straps used for box packaging at their house.
Police said the main accused in the murder, Farhan alias Mallik Mumtaz Ahmad Shaikh (25), hid himself in a lodge. When the police tried to catch him earlier, he jumped out of the third floor window and fell over a `tandoor` of a hotel and sustained minor injuries. He is being treated at a hospital now, police said, adding that he would be arrested later on.
Farhan worked as a spot boy in some film studios and used his girlfriend (one of the accused arrested in the case), who worked in a call centre, in the crimes, police said.
Their modus operandi was to send a girl to a jewellery shop on the pretext of making some purchases. Later, the girl would befriend the owners following which the male members of the gang would kill them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India