Three caught red handed while accepting bribes
Thane: Three people including a sub-registrar of the Thane co-operative department were caught red handed by the Thane unit of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) today in two separate incidents, News Agency said.
In the first case, sub-registrar M S Patil of Thane`s co-operative department was caught red handed while accepting a Rs 30,000 bribe from a businessman. A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against him, ACB sources said.
In another incident, education department`s junior cccountant Sumitra R Vende and her senior S G Kamble were caught accepting a bribe of Rs 1,000 from a school teacher for clearing his file, related to time-scale wages. A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against the duo, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report
- GST, reforms to boost bilateral trade with India, address biz climate issues: US
- REVEALED: Gianni Infantino says FIFA salary less than USD 2m, well below Sepp Blatter earned