Three caught red handed while accepting bribes
Thane: Three people including a sub-registrar of the Thane co-operative department were caught red handed by the Thane unit of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) today in two separate incidents, News Agency said.
In the first case, sub-registrar M S Patil of Thane`s co-operative department was caught red handed while accepting a Rs 30,000 bribe from a businessman. A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against him, ACB sources said.
In another incident, education department`s junior cccountant Sumitra R Vende and her senior S G Kamble were caught accepting a bribe of Rs 1,000 from a school teacher for clearing his file, related to time-scale wages. A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against the duo, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'