Three caught red handed while accepting bribes
Thane: Three people including a sub-registrar of the Thane co-operative department were caught red handed by the Thane unit of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) today in two separate incidents, News Agency said.
In the first case, sub-registrar M S Patil of Thane`s co-operative department was caught red handed while accepting a Rs 30,000 bribe from a businessman. A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against him, ACB sources said.
In another incident, education department`s junior cccountant Sumitra R Vende and her senior S G Kamble were caught accepting a bribe of Rs 1,000 from a school teacher for clearing his file, related to time-scale wages. A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against the duo, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'