Three drown during Ganesh idol immersion in Nashik
Nashik: Three persons drowned while immersing idols during the conclusion of the ten-day Ganesh festival here, police said Thursday.
Two youths, identified as Vaibhav Pandit Shinde (17) and Sagar Janardan Bachhav (20), drowned in a pond at Vahegaon last evening while immersing Ganpati idol, they said.
Besides, one Vijay Sakharam Ahire (35) drowned in a pond on Lasalgaon-Palkhed road yesterday during the immersion ceremony.
The three bodies were fished out late last night with the help of locals and handed over to their families after a post-mortem, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell