Three drown during Ganesh idol immersion in Nashik
Nashik: Three persons drowned while immersing idols during the conclusion of the ten-day Ganesh festival here, police said Thursday.
Two youths, identified as Vaibhav Pandit Shinde (17) and Sagar Janardan Bachhav (20), drowned in a pond at Vahegaon last evening while immersing Ganpati idol, they said.
Besides, one Vijay Sakharam Ahire (35) drowned in a pond on Lasalgaon-Palkhed road yesterday during the immersion ceremony.
The three bodies were fished out late last night with the help of locals and handed over to their families after a post-mortem, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31