Three drown during Ganesh idol immersion in Nashik
Nashik: Three persons drowned while immersing idols during the conclusion of the ten-day Ganesh festival here, police said Thursday.
Two youths, identified as Vaibhav Pandit Shinde (17) and Sagar Janardan Bachhav (20), drowned in a pond at Vahegaon last evening while immersing Ganpati idol, they said.
Besides, one Vijay Sakharam Ahire (35) drowned in a pond on Lasalgaon-Palkhed road yesterday during the immersion ceremony.
The three bodies were fished out late last night with the help of locals and handed over to their families after a post-mortem, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog