Two killed in car-tanker collision in Maha
Thane: Two youths were killed and two others seriously injured injured when the car in which they were travelling rammed into a loaded tanker in the Kongaon police station limits here.
The incident took place in the wee hours around 2 AM when the victims were on their way to Nashik from Mumbai, Sr PI B M Kale of Kongaon police station told PTI.
The car was completely mangled in the accident, killing two occupants on the spot. The deceased have been identified as Nachiket Kapse (22) and Kiran M Kardile (26), police said.
The injured have been admitted to the Kashinath Patil Hospital at Narpoli in powerloom town of Bhiwandi. Both are said to be in a critical state.
Police have registered an offence under section section 304(a) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31