Uddhav Thackeray succeeds father as Sena mouthpiece editor
Mumbai: After putting to rest speculation that he would take his father`s post of "Shiv Sena pramukh," party`s executive president Uddhav Thackeray has been named editor of its mouthpiece `Saamana`.
"Uddhavji has been named editor of all publications of Prabodhan Prakashan," senior Sena leader Subhash Desai told a news agency here on Tuesday.
Desai is the publisher of Prabodhankar Prakashan, which prints Saamana (Marathi) and Dopahar Ka Saamana (Hindi). The newspapers are printed in Navi Mumbai.
Uddhav was recently vested with all powers to manage Shiv Sena and would also be the editor of party mouthpieces Saamana and Dopahar Ka Saamana.
Bal Thackeray, who edited the two newspapers till his death on November 17, is now `founder-editor` of the dailies. His name continued to appear on the front-page below the masthead as editor till yesterday.
Uddhav`s name does not appear on the masthead but only in the print line of the last pages of the two papers.
Saamana was founded on January 23, 1988, to convey Thackeray`s views to the Marathi masses. Dopahar Ka Saamana, an eveninger, was launched on February 23, 1993, to reach north Indians settled in Maharashtra.
The newspapers sported full black front pages the day after Thackeray`s death and the day after his public cremation here.
Thackeray used to convey via the two newspapers his views through editorials, signed statements and interviews to party cadres.
The routine work at the newspapers will continue to be managed by executive editors Sanjay Raut (Saamana) and Prem Shukla (Dopahar Ka Saamana).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!