WCL miner killed in landslide of open cast coal mine
Nagpur: A miner was killed and another
sustained serious injuries due to landslide of an overburden
bench of an open cast mine of Western Coalfields Limited at
Umrer, about 40 km from here today.
The deceased, identified as Gurmail Singh, was buried
under the overburden early morning. He was rescued by the
colleagues but succumbed to injuries on his way to Government
Medical College Hospital (GMCH) here, official sources said.
Another coal miner Kinkar, who sustained severe injuries,
was rushed to GMCH and his condition was stated to be serious,
Top officials of WCL including Chairman Cum Managing
Director D C Garg and others have rushed to the spot.
Meanwhile, in yesterday`s roof collapse mishap at
Silewara underground mine of WCL, one more person identified
as Leeladhar succumbed to injuries. With this the toll in
Silewara mine mishap has gone up to two, official sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II