Woman found dead in NCP MLA`s room
Mumbai: A 27-year-old woman was found dead in a room of the Manora MLA Hostel on the Free Press Journal Road in south Mumbai on Saturday night, reports said on Tuesday.
According to the Cuffe Parade police, the deceased Rupali Andhare (27) was the niece of Dilip Dhaigunde who is the personal assistant to NCP MLA Babanrao Shinde.
Her body was found hanging from the ceiling fan, police said.
Andhare was unmarried and was staying with his brother in the hostel as a guest.
Asked about the reason behind her suicide, Senior Police Inspector Janardhan Krishnaji Kharat of Cuffe Parade police station said, "She was unemployed even though she was a qualified person. That may have driven her to take the extreme step."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'