Woman from WB raped by three men in Thane
Thane: A 26-year-old married woman belonging to West Bengal was allegedly raped by three persons, including a lodge manager, here, police said on Sunday.
The woman, hailing from Makkad Shed in Kajiwada district of WB, was staying at a lodge in Kalyan where two of lodge`s staff and its manager allegedly raped her repeatedly in her room for the last 15 days, she mentioned in her complaint, Mahatma Phule police station inspector VD Bhise said.
She came to Mumbai about a fortnight back along with her husband who was to get a job here and was allegedly raped at the lodge while her husband went out for work, Bhise said.
The accused, identified as - Rajiv Roy, Pradeep, and Prakash - have been booked under section 376 (rape) of IPC and also sections 3,4 and 5 of the PITA Act of 1956, police said adding that search was on to nab the three who have been absconding.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists