Writing competition on `potholes`!
Thane: In order to register protest against
the bad condition of roads, filled with potholes, Congress
party in Thane has organised an essay and poetry writing
competition on the subject of potholes.
Party’s chief of consumer protection wing in Thane K
Vrushali has organised this contest.
Vrushali said, "Good roads, walkable footpaths,
infrastructure facilities are the rights of the citizens. But
it is clear that the Thane Municipal Corporation has been not
been able to provide these basic facilities to citizens.
The condition has been the same every year."
"Contracts for road repairing are given to the same old
contractors, who continue to do shoddy work. Bad roads lead to
accidents, injuries, fatalities, financial losses for
citizens, who continue to suffer," she said.
Different political parties in Thane have been protesting
over the bad condition of roads in different manners. While
the MNS had organised a tree plantation on the potholes, the
NCP had held a `shraaddha` - a Hindu ritual performed for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves