Youth held for beating father to death
Thane: A 21-year-old youth was arrested on charges of beating his father to death, police said Wednesday.
One Avinash Mukne was arrested yesterday for the murder his 40-year-old father Ashok, police inspector Vijay Pawar of Manor police station said.
The victim, who used to live with his wife and son Avinash in village Nandgaon-Pada in Manor, was working as a mason. He had a habit of drinking and he used to beat his wife, which his son did not like.
On the night of May 26, when Ashok was beating her again, Avinash got enraged and picked up a log of wood and started thrashing his father on his head and chest, police said.
Injured Ashok was later taken to a local government hospital and was sent back home after treatment. However, he had to be taken to the hospital next morning, after his condition deteriorated and he was declared brought dead at the hospital.
Based on the information given by his family, police had earlier registered a case of accidental death. However, further investigations revealed that Ashok had died after he received severe injuries.
Police have booked Avinash under section 302 of the IPC and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof