Youth slaps woman cop after hitting her vehicle, arrested in Maha
Thane: A woman sub-inspector was allegedly attacked by a motorcyclist when she questioned him after he hit her bike while she was returning home from duty early on Tuesday.
At around 12.30 am today, when sub-inspector Sheetal Bambe, posted at Bhayander police station in Thane district, was returning home on her scooty, a motorcyclist hit her vehicle, police said.
The police officer fell but managed to get up and chased the person. She intercepted the motorcyclist at a junction nearby and questioned him for rash driving.
At that moment, the person allegedly abused her and also slapped her and fled, police said.
The alert woman police personnel traced the person, identified as Sanjay Joshi, through his bike`s registration number and filed a complaint against him.
Subsequently, Joshi was arrested by Navghar police who booked him under sections 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty) and 271 of the IPC, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir