Yuva Sena treasurer held for organising show at `silence zone`
Mumbai: Treasurer of Yuva Sena, the youth wing of Shiv Sena, was Tuesday arrested for organising a music show last week at Shivaji Park ground in central Mumbai, which is declared a silence zone, where renowned percussionist Sivamani performed, police said.
Yuva Sena treasurer Amey Ghole was arrested for organising the show, two days after an FIR was registered against him in this connection, police said.
The FIR was registered on Sunday for alleged violation of the Environment (Protection) Act and Bombay Police Act for organising the event at the Shivaji Park on Saturday, even after he was denied permission for it as the ground was declared as silence zone by Bombay High Court.
"Ghole was arrested and produced before a local court, which granted him bail on Rs 5,000 of personal bond," Suresh Unawane, said Senior Inspector at Shivaji Park police station.
According to the police, the Yuva Sena, headed by Aditya Thackeray, had organised the event on Saturday night. They had not sought requisite permissions to organise the event, the police said.
Percussionist Sivamani had performed there and was seen playing drums along with some other instruments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state