Yuva Sena treasurer held for organising show at `silence zone`
Mumbai: Treasurer of Yuva Sena, the youth wing of Shiv Sena, was Tuesday arrested for organising a music show last week at Shivaji Park ground in central Mumbai, which is declared a silence zone, where renowned percussionist Sivamani performed, police said.
Yuva Sena treasurer Amey Ghole was arrested for organising the show, two days after an FIR was registered against him in this connection, police said.
The FIR was registered on Sunday for alleged violation of the Environment (Protection) Act and Bombay Police Act for organising the event at the Shivaji Park on Saturday, even after he was denied permission for it as the ground was declared as silence zone by Bombay High Court.
"Ghole was arrested and produced before a local court, which granted him bail on Rs 5,000 of personal bond," Suresh Unawane, said Senior Inspector at Shivaji Park police station.
According to the police, the Yuva Sena, headed by Aditya Thackeray, had organised the event on Saturday night. They had not sought requisite permissions to organise the event, the police said.
Percussionist Sivamani had performed there and was seen playing drums along with some other instruments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read