Zaveri Bazaar CCTVs of poor quality: Reports
Maharashtra: CCTV cameras could have proved as a major source of information in the Mumbai blasts probe but it has turned out that some of them were of very poor quality.
According to sources, experts have not managed to find anything substantial from CCTV cameras installed in Zaveri Bazaar as they were of poor quality making the task difficult for investigators.
The development has come as a jolt to the Maharashtra police.
Maharashtra ATS chief Rakesh Maria had yesterday said at a press conference that some of the CCTV footage was grainy and in a day or two the investigators would be able to make something out of them.
Maria however asserted, “There were some good leads. The investigation is moving in the right direction. We are confident that we will crack the case soon.”
Wednesday’s bomb blasts that hit the financial capital left nineteen people dead and over 130 injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference