10 Hindu pilgrims killed in bus accident in Nepal
Kathmandu: A bus carrying Hindu pilgrims skidded off a mountain road and fell down more than 300-metre in eastern Nepal, killing at least 10 people, police said on Sunday.
The bus, carrying 66 passengers to Haleshi Mahadev of Khotang from Sindhuli district, skidded off the road and plunged some 300-meter down in Suklatar village of Okhaldhunga district on Friday, a police officer told a news agency.
Three people died on the spot, while seven others succumbed to their injuries in different hospitals yesterday, the officer said.
Fifty-six passengers, who were seriously injured, have been admitted to Katari Hospital in Udaypur, Neuro Hospital in Biratnagar and B&B Hospital in Lalitpur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her