1000 detained, five cases registered for IAC protest
New Delhi: Five cases were on Sunday registered against unknown persons for rioting and violating prohibitory orders in connection with the protest of erstwhile Team Anna during which around 1,000 people were detained, including activists Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan.
Twenty-one people, including 15 policemen, were injured when security personnel used force and water cannons and lobbed teargas shells to disperse the crowd which was marching to the residences of the Prime Minister and Congress and BJP presidents.
Twenty rounds of tear gas shells were fired to disperse the crowd at Janpath near Sonia Gandhi`s residence and Tuglaq Road and Akbar Road where protesters had gathered to march to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s residence on Race Course Road.
"Five cases on charges of rioting, violation of Section 144 etc against unknown have been registered. Fifteen policemen are among 21 injured during the protest.
We have detained 974 and were released," a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part III
- DNA: Analysis of why every third ATM in India is not working
- DNA: Analysis of why every third ATM in India is not working- Part II
- DNA: Today in History | May 26, 2016
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron