19th New Delhi World Book Fair concludes
New Delhi: The 19th New Delhi World Book
Fair, participated by over 1,200 Indian and foreign publishers
and exhibitors, concluded on Sunday.
The nine day-long book fair, which was inaugurated by
Human Resource Development Minister on January 30, saw
enthusiastic response from the book lovers in the last few
This year the theme of the book fair was `Reading our
Commonwealth: An International Rights Exhibition of Books on
Sports` on the occasion of XIX Commonwealth Games 2010.
Nearly 850 titles published in 13 Indian languages by
around 80 publishers across the country on different genres of
sports were exhibited at the theme pavilion.
The theme pavilion was an effort to explore Indian
sporting traditions, and the contributions of various sports
personalities and Indian publications on sports, said an
A special exhibition of books on and by Jawaharlal Nehru
was also held in this year`s fair. The book fair was organised
by the National Book Trust.
A separate section of the book fair was dedicated to
children`s books where drawing, painting and storytelling
competitions for children were organised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble