19th New Delhi World Book Fair concludes
New Delhi: The 19th New Delhi World Book
Fair, participated by over 1,200 Indian and foreign publishers
and exhibitors, concluded on Sunday.
The nine day-long book fair, which was inaugurated by
Human Resource Development Minister on January 30, saw
enthusiastic response from the book lovers in the last few
This year the theme of the book fair was `Reading our
Commonwealth: An International Rights Exhibition of Books on
Sports` on the occasion of XIX Commonwealth Games 2010.
Nearly 850 titles published in 13 Indian languages by
around 80 publishers across the country on different genres of
sports were exhibited at the theme pavilion.
The theme pavilion was an effort to explore Indian
sporting traditions, and the contributions of various sports
personalities and Indian publications on sports, said an
A special exhibition of books on and by Jawaharlal Nehru
was also held in this year`s fair. The book fair was organised
by the National Book Trust.
A separate section of the book fair was dedicated to
children`s books where drawing, painting and storytelling
competitions for children were organised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS