19th New Delhi World Book Fair concludes
New Delhi: The 19th New Delhi World Book
Fair, participated by over 1,200 Indian and foreign publishers
and exhibitors, concluded on Sunday.
The nine day-long book fair, which was inaugurated by
Human Resource Development Minister on January 30, saw
enthusiastic response from the book lovers in the last few
This year the theme of the book fair was `Reading our
Commonwealth: An International Rights Exhibition of Books on
Sports` on the occasion of XIX Commonwealth Games 2010.
Nearly 850 titles published in 13 Indian languages by
around 80 publishers across the country on different genres of
sports were exhibited at the theme pavilion.
The theme pavilion was an effort to explore Indian
sporting traditions, and the contributions of various sports
personalities and Indian publications on sports, said an
A special exhibition of books on and by Jawaharlal Nehru
was also held in this year`s fair. The book fair was organised
by the National Book Trust.
A separate section of the book fair was dedicated to
children`s books where drawing, painting and storytelling
competitions for children were organised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH