1st meeting on GoM on caste-based census likely on July 1
New Delhi: The first meeting of the Group
of Ministers on inclusion of caste categories in the census is
likely to be held on July 1.
The GoM headed by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, has
as its members Union Law Minister M Veerappa Moily, HRD
Minister Kapil Sibal, New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq
Abdullah, Urban Housing Development Minister S Jaipal Reddy
and Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has said the government was
yet to take a view on inclusion of caste category in census.
However, the government is likely to come out with its
stand on the issue in the coming monsoon session of Parliament
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’