2008 blasts: Police file two charge sheets against top IM men
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Thursday filed two separate charge sheets against 29 top Indian Mujahideen operatives including its co-founders Yasin Bhatkal, Riyaz Bhatkal and Iqbal Bhatkal in connection with two cases lodged after the September 13, 2008 serial blasts here.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police filed its charge sheets before Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash who fixed both the final reports for consideration on April 19.
The charge sheets were filed in connection with the blasts at Karol Bagh, which claimed 21 lives and left 64 injured, and the twin explosions at Greater Kailash here. Nine people were injured in the twin blasts at M-block market in Greater Kailash-I.
The police, in its charge sheet, said Yasin Bhatkal and his close aide Asadullah Akhtar, who were arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) from Indo-Nepal border on the night of August 28, last year, were part of the conspiracy which led to the serial blasts in Delhi on September 13, 2008.
The police claimed that the serial blasts were carried out on the instructions of Riyaz Bhatkal who is presently based in Pakistan.
The special cell had yesterday informed the Delhi court in a separate case that they are interrogating some of the top arrested IM operatives including Tehseen Akhtar and Waqas to know about the whereabouts of Riyal Bhatkal.
It had also apprised the court that on the basis of their interrogation, it is pursuing Riyaz and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city