26/11 changed India`s border security perspective: Antony
Panaji: Before 26/11 terror attack, India`s
concept of border security related mainly to the land, but now
it had widened, Union Defence Minister AK Antony said on Saturday.
"After 26/11, we have learnt lot of lessons. Previously,
we thought border means only land. But after 26/11, the
country is focusing on the land, air, water and even the
space," Antony said, talking to reporters at Vasco, 40 km from
Antony was here to commission first and second phase of
Goa Shipyard Limited`s modernisation project.
Post Mumbai attack, more emphasis was being put on
maritime security, he said.
The minister conceded that the country remained lax in
the past with regard to modernisation. "For many years, we
were not able to give proper attention towards modernisation
of armed forces and our country also suffered in the
past....in the present years, government is giving proper
attention to speedy modernisation of the armed forces. Now our
armed forces and also department is moving at fast speed," he
The last fiscal, Defence Ministry spent the entire
capital expenditure amount allotted to it, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly