26/11: India seeks access to Headley, Rana again
Washington: India on Wednesday requested the US to provide it access to the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks accused David Coleman Headley and Tahawwur Hussain Rana, visiting External Affairs Minister SM Krishna said.
"India`s interest in further access to Headley and Rana, in accordance with our legal procedures, for the investigations into the Mumbai terror attack of November 2008, was raised," Krishna told reporters at a joint news conference with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton after the end of the third India US Strategic Dialogue co-chaired by them.
In response to a question on Rana and Headley, Hillary said the two countries are sharing information related to terrorism and other related issues.
"With respect to information-sharing it is our policy and practice to share information, and we do that. I`m not going to go into details because we think our cooperation on intelligence-sharing, on homeland security issues, on counterterrorism has gotten to a new level," she said.
"It is very important to both of our countries. But it`s also important that, you know, we support the work that is done by our professionals and our experts in protecting both of our countries, and I think we are satisfied that that is occurring," Hillary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her