26/11 terror attack: BJP demands extradition of Headley, Rana
Hyderabad: The BJP on Saturday demanded the
initiation of extradition process against suspected American
terrorist David Headley and his Canadian associate Tahawwur
Hussain Rana for their alleged role in the 26/11 attacks.
The Central government should take steps to extradite
Headley and Pakistani-origin Rana, who are in custody of the
US investigating Agency FBI. The duo had stayed in Mumbai just
five days before the terror attacks last November, BJP
national spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
Central government should also probe thoroughly the
alleged logistic local support in the Mumbai attacks, he said.
The Mumbai strike was a well planned attack carried
out with local support, BJP leader said, adding there was a
need to probe thoroughly who had assisted the terrorists to
work out the attack plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH