26/11 witness not traceable, Nikam tells trial Court
Mumbai: A 26/11 prosecution witness is not
traceable for last three months and all efforts to find him
have gone in vain, a special court trying Pakistani gunman
Ajmal Kasab and two others was informed on Tuesday.
Special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam filed a report in
the court saying Bharat Thakur was not traceable and therefore
could not be summoned as witness.
The prosecution wanted to examine Thakur to prove that
accused Faheem Ansari had visited Nepal. Ansari had allegedly
drawn maps of locations in Mumbai which were targeted in
terror attacks. The charge against him is that he had handed
over the maps to Lashkar-e-Taiba which had planned the
Ansari`s friend Nurrudin had gone to Nepal to visit
Thakur`s home. As Thakur fell sick, Nurrudin did not stay with
him and went to Kathmandu where he met Ansari. He saw maps
with Ansari who told him he had drawn them with his own hand,
In another development, the prosecution would tomorrow
examine Lisa Ringaner whose mobile was used by terrorists in
Hotel Taj. She had left the room after hearing that terrorists
had stormed the hotel.
Prosecutor Nikam also informed that witness Hamisa
Bilakhia, a resident of Gujarat, was also not traceable and
efforts to contact her on phone had drawn a blank. The Court,
however, asked the prosecution to try again to locate her.
Hamisa had sustained injuries in the terror attack and
her deposition would corroborate the evidence tendered by
ballistic experts, Nikam said.
About 245 witnesses have been examined so far in the
trial which has reached its fag end.
The three accused facing the trial are Pakistan gunman
Ajmal Kasab, Faheem Ansari and Sabauddin Ahmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes