2G: HC seeks Kalaignar TV `bribe` transfer docs
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday
asked the special CBI court to furnish original documents to
ascertain claims of two corporate honchos, accused of
facilitating transfer of Rs 200 crore from DB Group firms to
DMK-run Kalaignar TV in 2G scam, that they were "valid" loan
transactions and not bribe.
"The trial court is directed to hand over these
documents (pertaining to purported loan transactions) to the
investigating officer who shall bring them here on the next
date of hearing on June 20," Justice Ajit Bharihoke said.
Justice Bharihoke had recently dismissed bail pleas of
alleged beneficiaries of Rs 200 crore bribe trail -- DMK MP
Kanimozhi and Kaliagnar TV MD Sharad Kumar.
Seeking bail for Rajeev Agarwal and Asif Balwa, the
directors of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetable Private Ltd, their
counsel said that a loan was advanced to Cineyug Films which,
in turn, paid the money to Kalaignar TV and the CBI has
wrongly termed the money transfers as bribe transactions.
Justice Bharihoke sought originals of the alleged
agreements executed between Kalaignar TV, Cineyug Films Pvt
Ltd and Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetable Pvt Ltd.
It has been alleged that D B Group, promoted by Shahid
Balwa, after "unauthorisedly" getting the UAS licenses with
active connivance of former Telecom Minister A Raja routed Rs
200 crore bribe through its group firms, Kusegaon Fruits and
Cineyug Films, to Kalaignar TV.
The alleged bribe money came back through the same
route after Raja was summoned for the first time for
investigation on December 24, 2010.
The accused, however, claimed that the alleged bribe
routing was inter-corporate loan transactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi