2G: Raja`s aide, Balwa denied bail by Delhi court
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday rejected
the bail pleas of former telecom minister A Raja`s personal
secretary R K Chandolia and Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman
Balwa arrested in the 2G spectrum case, saying they can tamper
with evidence and influence witnesses if let out.
The court said while one of the accused was a public
official, the other was a businessman having potential to
influence the witnesses.
"There is no doubt that R K Chandolia is a high
ranking public servant and accused Balwa is also an
"Accordingly, I find a merit in the submission of
Special Public Prosecutor for CBI that if these accused are
released on bail, they may tamper with evidence or witnesses
may not come forward to give statements, more so when no one
came forward to complain against their illegal acts," Special
CBI Judge O P Saini said.
Chandolia was arrested along with Raja by the CBI on
February 2 while Balwa was taken into custody on February 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof