2G scam: ED chief to brief JPC
New Delhi: Chief of Enforcement Directorate Arun Mathur and officials of the Finance Ministry
will brief the Joint Parliamentary Committee on the ongoing investigations into the 2G scam Wednesday.
Mathur, along with other senior officials of the Directorate and representatives of the Department of Revenue in the Finance Ministry, will brief the JPC separately about the probe carried out in the spectrum scam which included obtaining the share holding patterns of various telecom firms
from foreign shores like Mauritius and UK.
The presentation by the ED comes a day after CBI Director A P Singh briefed the panel on its investigations into the 2G scam.
The ED has slapped various charges of FEMA violations to the tune of over Rs 4,300 crore against top telecom firms involved in the 2G spectrum scam including Swan, Loop and
Telecom Regulatory Authority Chairman J S Sarma will
also make a presentation on the issue.
Sarma had begun his presentation on the functioning of
TRAI and its role in the telecom sector which was inconclusive
and would continue today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’