2G scam: JPC may miss submission deadline
New Delhi: The Joint Parliamentary
Committee looking into 2G scam may miss its deadline of
submitting the report to Parliament in Monsoon Session
JPC chief P C Chacko today said he was "not confident"
that the committee will be able to finish the report by the
end of Monsoon session scheduled between August one and
"So maybe it will take two three months more. If not
in this session, then at least before the end of the next
session," Chacko told reporters here.
He said the committee would sit "day and night" if
required to complete the job at hands. "We may meet daily
between 3.30 pm and 5.30 pm during the Monsoon session...we
may meet daily even after the session...there is no question
of prolonging," he said.
He said the committee wants to question "all
concerned" to "extract" information before arriving at a
He said after former Telecom Secretaries and former
chairmen of TRAI, the then Attorney General Soli Sorabjee wold
be summoned. It would be followed by former Telecom ministers,
including Arun Shourie, Dayanidhi Maran and A Raja.
The JPC is examining India`s telecom pricing policy
1998-2008 that also covers the period of the NDA government
led by the BJP that was in power 1998-2004.
The panel was formed following persistent demands by
the opposition after allegations surfaced of irregularities in
the allocation of 2G licence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know