301 complaints against state medical institutions
New Delhi: The Medical Council of India
has referred a total of 301 complaints against institutions
and the medical fraternity to state medical councils, the
maximum 45 of which are pending with the Delhi Medical
After Delhi, it is the Uttar Pradesh state medical
council with 41 pending cases.
The number of cases pending with Andhra Pradesh state
medical council is 14, Maharashtra 25, West Bengal 26, Haryana
17, Gujarat 13 and Rajasthan 26, MCI sources said.
The least number of cases are pending with Goa which
has received only one complaint from MCI. Uttarakhand has four
cases with its state medical council.
The Medical Council of India is mandated with the task
of regulating medical colleges and education. The major
functions of MCI are maintenance of uniform standards of
medical education both undergraduate and postgraduate,
recommendation for recognition or de-recognition of medical
qualifications of medical institutions of India or foreign
The council received complaints from across the
country on issues relating to both medical institutions as
well as professionals
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre