301 complaints against state medical institutions
New Delhi: The Medical Council of India
has referred a total of 301 complaints against institutions
and the medical fraternity to state medical councils, the
maximum 45 of which are pending with the Delhi Medical
After Delhi, it is the Uttar Pradesh state medical
council with 41 pending cases.
The number of cases pending with Andhra Pradesh state
medical council is 14, Maharashtra 25, West Bengal 26, Haryana
17, Gujarat 13 and Rajasthan 26, MCI sources said.
The least number of cases are pending with Goa which
has received only one complaint from MCI. Uttarakhand has four
cases with its state medical council.
The Medical Council of India is mandated with the task
of regulating medical colleges and education. The major
functions of MCI are maintenance of uniform standards of
medical education both undergraduate and postgraduate,
recommendation for recognition or de-recognition of medical
qualifications of medical institutions of India or foreign
The council received complaints from across the
country on issues relating to both medical institutions as
well as professionals
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet