301 complaints against state medical institutions
New Delhi: The Medical Council of India
has referred a total of 301 complaints against institutions
and the medical fraternity to state medical councils, the
maximum 45 of which are pending with the Delhi Medical
After Delhi, it is the Uttar Pradesh state medical
council with 41 pending cases.
The number of cases pending with Andhra Pradesh state
medical council is 14, Maharashtra 25, West Bengal 26, Haryana
17, Gujarat 13 and Rajasthan 26, MCI sources said.
The least number of cases are pending with Goa which
has received only one complaint from MCI. Uttarakhand has four
cases with its state medical council.
The Medical Council of India is mandated with the task
of regulating medical colleges and education. The major
functions of MCI are maintenance of uniform standards of
medical education both undergraduate and postgraduate,
recommendation for recognition or de-recognition of medical
qualifications of medical institutions of India or foreign
The council received complaints from across the
country on issues relating to both medical institutions as
well as professionals
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why