4.85 lakh aspirants to sit for IIT-JEE exam today
Kanpur: Over 4.85 aspirants will appear for IIT-JEE, to be held at 1,051 centres in 131 cities across the country on Sunday.
"A total of 4,85,262 candidates will fight it out for roughly 10,000 seats in 16 IITs and Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad," IIT-K director S G Dhande said.
This year IIT-K is the conducting body of the entrance test, the result of which will be out on May 25.
"Elaborate measures have been taken for conducting free and fair examinations," Dhande said, adding that the aspirants should reach their examination centre well in time and those reaching late by 30 minutes or more will not be allowed to appear for the test.
Last year around 4.55 lakh students appeared for IIT-JEE.
After the results are declared, scanned images of optical response sheet (answer scripts) with the candidates` details will be displayed on JEE website, Dhande said.
"The move has been taken ensure transparency and enable students to have a proper assessment of themselves by identifying their area of weakness and the areas they need to focus attention," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat