50 DoT officials under CVC scanner for alleged graft
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission
has imposed major penalty on 226 officials of different
government organisations for their alleged involvement in
Out of the total 226, a highest of 50 are from Department
of Communications, 36 from Central Board of Excise & Customs,
23 from Ministry of Railways and 13 from State Bank of India.
Besides, 10 officials from Vijaya Bank, nine from Punjab
& Sind Bank, eight from MCD, seven from Andhra Bank, 6 from
Canara Bank and five each from Allahabad Bank, Bank of India,
Punjab National Bank, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd and
UCO Bank have been penalised.
According to the Commission`s performance report for
December, the anti-corruption watchdog disposed of 804 cases
during the month referred to it for advice.
The Commission also effected recoveries to the tune of
about Rs 2.78 crore after conducting technical examination of
It said the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has
received sanction for prosecution against 90 officers and
chargesheet were filed against 160 others for their alleged
involvement in graft.
"The Commission is deeply concerned over continuing
delays in filling the post of Chief Vigilance Officers (CVOs)
in several key organisations like Bharat Heavy Electricals
Limited (BHEL), Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC),Bharat Earth
Movers Limited (BEML) and National Aluminium Company (NALCO).
The Government is being regularly reminded," the report said.
It added that advisories have been issued by the
Commission from time to time to alert the departments about
the vulnerabilities in the organisations, policies, systems
and procedures which pose a risk of corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report