50 DoT officials under CVC scanner for alleged graft
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission
has imposed major penalty on 226 officials of different
government organisations for their alleged involvement in
Out of the total 226, a highest of 50 are from Department
of Communications, 36 from Central Board of Excise & Customs,
23 from Ministry of Railways and 13 from State Bank of India.
Besides, 10 officials from Vijaya Bank, nine from Punjab
& Sind Bank, eight from MCD, seven from Andhra Bank, 6 from
Canara Bank and five each from Allahabad Bank, Bank of India,
Punjab National Bank, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd and
UCO Bank have been penalised.
According to the Commission`s performance report for
December, the anti-corruption watchdog disposed of 804 cases
during the month referred to it for advice.
The Commission also effected recoveries to the tune of
about Rs 2.78 crore after conducting technical examination of
It said the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has
received sanction for prosecution against 90 officers and
chargesheet were filed against 160 others for their alleged
involvement in graft.
"The Commission is deeply concerned over continuing
delays in filling the post of Chief Vigilance Officers (CVOs)
in several key organisations like Bharat Heavy Electricals
Limited (BHEL), Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC),Bharat Earth
Movers Limited (BEML) and National Aluminium Company (NALCO).
The Government is being regularly reminded," the report said.
It added that advisories have been issued by the
Commission from time to time to alert the departments about
the vulnerabilities in the organisations, policies, systems
and procedures which pose a risk of corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’