AAP proposes citizens` security force for women`s safety
New Delhi: Raising concerns over the safety of women in Delhi in the wake of the brutal rape of a minor girl, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Sunday demanded the setting up of citizens` security force and removal of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
In a statement, AAP said the recent incident of rape of 5-year-old girl in Gandhi Nagar has once again raised the question about the safety of women in the national capital.
After the December 16 gangrape of a young girl in a moving bus, the party said the government had made tall claims about the security of women and subsequently a law was passed.
"Unfortunately, despite all these nothing has changed much ? not even the attitude of Delhi Police. The common people of Delhi have started losing faith in Delhi Police.
"The Delhi Police should be given two months time to rectify its past failures and regain the faith of people, else Aam Aadmi Party proposes the setting up of Citizen`s Security Force for ensuring that no girl child or women goes through what rape victims undergo," the statement said.
Citizen Security Force will be formed on the lines of Nitish Kumar?s State Auxiliary Police (SAP) in Bihar and would be supervised by retired Army officers, it said.
The party said young people would be enrolled in the Force and would be given commando training to handle all kinds of situation, especially those related to women safety.
These cadets would work under retired army officers and would be present at Ward level. This force would work as security guards and would ensure security of all Delhi-ites at all possible levels.
"When Aam Aadmi Party comes to power this would be one of the priority areas and would be implemented at the earliest. Unlike other parties, where VVIP security is given more priority, AAP would focus on security for aam aadmi of the national capital, the statement said.
It also demanded the removal of the Home Minister and Police Commissioner.
AAP also alleged that a 25-year-old girl working in Dharmshilla Hospital has been missing for the past one week and police filed an FIR after 3 days of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof