AAP slams Narendra Modi for getting Kejriwal arrested
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday slammed BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for arresting Arvind Kejriwal and said the act proved that the Gujarat Chief Minister is scared of the party.
Attacking Modi, Ashutosh, senior AAP leader and party`s candidate from Chandni Chowk tweeted, "Kejriwal`s arrest in Gujarat proves that Modi is scared of him and AAP and also proves that he thinks Gujarat is his fiefdom".
"People of India will not tolerate this dictatorship. Kejriwal is on a private visit to study Gujarat`s development," he tweeted.
Party leader Yogendra Yadav questioned Modi`s claim of law and order in the state.
"Kejriwal was going and he had no flags or wasn`t with any candidate. He was not even doing any type of campaigning for polls. Police stopped him and took him to police station.”
"If this kind of behaviour is given by Gujarat to a former Chief Minister of a state, I don`t know how the Gujarat government is flaunting about the law and order of their state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees