AAP slams Narendra Modi for getting Kejriwal arrested
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday slammed BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for arresting Arvind Kejriwal and said the act proved that the Gujarat Chief Minister is scared of the party.
Attacking Modi, Ashutosh, senior AAP leader and party`s candidate from Chandni Chowk tweeted, "Kejriwal`s arrest in Gujarat proves that Modi is scared of him and AAP and also proves that he thinks Gujarat is his fiefdom".
"People of India will not tolerate this dictatorship. Kejriwal is on a private visit to study Gujarat`s development," he tweeted.
Party leader Yogendra Yadav questioned Modi`s claim of law and order in the state.
"Kejriwal was going and he had no flags or wasn`t with any candidate. He was not even doing any type of campaigning for polls. Police stopped him and took him to police station.”
"If this kind of behaviour is given by Gujarat to a former Chief Minister of a state, I don`t know how the Gujarat government is flaunting about the law and order of their state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre