AAP slams Narendra Modi, wants him to declare money spent on rallies
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday slammed BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, asking him to come clean on the money spent on his rallies.
"Every rally of Narendra Modi costs around Rs 50-55 crore. So much money is spent on hoardings, stage, travel and paying up the people for coming to rally. The BJP should make the spending more transparent and also clarify from where does the money come from," senior party leader and Political Affairs Committee (PAC) Sanjay Singh said.
Singh added that the party will field a strong candidate against Modi.
"If he has problems with dynasty politics then why does he not contest against Rahul or Sonia Gandhi.
"We are waiting for him to declare his candidature and then we will field a strong candidate against him," he added.
It is still unclear from which seat Modi will contest. Sources said that apart from Gujarat, he might contest from Uttar Pradesh as well.
Singh also attacked the BJP for keeping mum on the Reliance gas issue raised by the party.
"Why is the BJP quiet? The government wanted to increase the gas price to 8 dollars and had that happened, it would have spelled doomed for the common man.
The state exchequer would have faced a loss of over Rs 54,000 crore," he said, questioning whether the party was quite because it would also benefit from the Ambanis after the election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today