Aarushi case: SC defers hearing on Talwars` plea
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday deferred
the hearing of dentists couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar`s
petition challenging the criminal trial proceedings against
them in the twin murder case of their teenage daughter
Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
A bench headed by justices A K Ganguly adjourned the
hearing to a later date with the consent of the couple and CBI
The apex court had on April 25 ticked off CBI for
suddenly becoming "active" against the Talwars and said it
would "examine on merit" while posting the matter for final
The Talwars had got a breather earlier as the apex court
on March 19 stayed the proceedings against the couple until
14-year-old Aarushi, the only daughter of the Talwars,
was found dead with her throat slit at the family`s Noida
residence on the outskirts of Delhi on May 16, 2008 and the
body of their domestic help, Hemraj, was found on the terrace
the next day.
The couple had accused CBI of levelling false accusations
against them resulting in the trial court summoning them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites