Abhishek blackout: BJP dubs Congress as fascist party
New Delhi: The BJP on Sunday accused the
Congress of being "fascist", claiming workers of the ruling
party had forcibly removed posters of actor Abhishek Bachchan
at a function in Delhi.
The main opposition party also criticised the Congress
for declaring Amitabh Bachchan as a "persona non-grata" and
alleged that the party has meted out similar treatment to
singer Kishore Kumar during Emergency.
"His (Amitabh`s) son was on invitation (in Delhi) to
attend a programme. He was asked not to come and Congress
workers went on a rampage removing posters, banners. It was
hooliganism uncontrolled," BJP spokesperson Nirmala
Seetharaman told reporters here.
"The Chief Minister of Delhi does not even condemn the
incident? Possibly she was happy that she was not seen around
with the son of the artiste," she wondered.
A controversy was triggered after Amitabh Bachchan, in
a blog entry, claimed posters and a audio-visual clip
featuring his son Abhishek were removed from the venue WWF`s
Earthhour event at India Gate last evening.
The Earth Hour event was attended by Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit among others.
"The way in which the oldest party of the country has
behaved only shows how untouchablilty is practised by the
Congress party and that is the direct outcome of the fascist
character of the party," Seetharaman said.
She said that the Bachchans have been declared "persona
non-grata" by the Congress party only because of the
differences they have with "one family of the Congress party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway