Abhishek blackout: BJP dubs Congress as fascist party
New Delhi: The BJP on Sunday accused the
Congress of being "fascist", claiming workers of the ruling
party had forcibly removed posters of actor Abhishek Bachchan
at a function in Delhi.
The main opposition party also criticised the Congress
for declaring Amitabh Bachchan as a "persona non-grata" and
alleged that the party has meted out similar treatment to
singer Kishore Kumar during Emergency.
"His (Amitabh`s) son was on invitation (in Delhi) to
attend a programme. He was asked not to come and Congress
workers went on a rampage removing posters, banners. It was
hooliganism uncontrolled," BJP spokesperson Nirmala
Seetharaman told reporters here.
"The Chief Minister of Delhi does not even condemn the
incident? Possibly she was happy that she was not seen around
with the son of the artiste," she wondered.
A controversy was triggered after Amitabh Bachchan, in
a blog entry, claimed posters and a audio-visual clip
featuring his son Abhishek were removed from the venue WWF`s
Earthhour event at India Gate last evening.
The Earth Hour event was attended by Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit among others.
"The way in which the oldest party of the country has
behaved only shows how untouchablilty is practised by the
Congress party and that is the direct outcome of the fascist
character of the party," Seetharaman said.
She said that the Bachchans have been declared "persona
non-grata" by the Congress party only because of the
differences they have with "one family of the Congress party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan