Advani hails Assange, Zuckerberg in blog
New Delhi: Hailing the internet as a tool that had "surpassed even the state", senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani has praised WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg in his latest blog published Tuesday.
"In the field of Science, the Wheel, Electricity and Aircraft may have been wonderful achievements, but Internet is unique. It has really surpassed even the State," Advani says in his latest blog.
"Power had been shifting from the State Sector to the Financial Sector and lately to the Knowledge sector," he said quoting a thesis by renowned author Alvin Toffler.
The blog also carries the transcript of Assange`s interview to Times Now channel in which he said he had seen Indian names in the list of Swiss bank account holders. He also lauded Google for playing a `pivotal` role in the democratic uprising in Egypt.
"In 2011, the TIME List of 100 Most Influential People of the World includes not only Julian Assange of Wikileaks, but also several other Internet activists like Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, Larry Page CEO of Google and Wael Ghonim, also of Google, who played a pivotal role in the democratic uprising in Egypt and was incarcerated for his contribution to the movement," Advani said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket