Advani hails Assange, Zuckerberg in blog
New Delhi: Hailing the internet as a tool that had "surpassed even the state", senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani has praised WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg in his latest blog published Tuesday.
"In the field of Science, the Wheel, Electricity and Aircraft may have been wonderful achievements, but Internet is unique. It has really surpassed even the State," Advani says in his latest blog.
"Power had been shifting from the State Sector to the Financial Sector and lately to the Knowledge sector," he said quoting a thesis by renowned author Alvin Toffler.
The blog also carries the transcript of Assange`s interview to Times Now channel in which he said he had seen Indian names in the list of Swiss bank account holders. He also lauded Google for playing a `pivotal` role in the democratic uprising in Egypt.
"In 2011, the TIME List of 100 Most Influential People of the World includes not only Julian Assange of Wikileaks, but also several other Internet activists like Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, Larry Page CEO of Google and Wael Ghonim, also of Google, who played a pivotal role in the democratic uprising in Egypt and was incarcerated for his contribution to the movement," Advani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested