Advani`s era is over, says JD-U
New Delhi: LK Advani`s era is over and the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) would soon take a decision on its alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party, JD-U leader Shivanand Tiwari said on Wednesday.
"L.K. Advani is a very senior leader, but his stature has been reduced. His phase is over and he is at an age where he should retire," Tiwari said about Advani agreeing to stay on in the key party posts of the BJP after resigning from them Monday.
Tiwari said the BJP naming Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the chief of the party`s election campaign for 2014 elections was an indirect elevation as its prime ministerial candidate.
"This signifies lot of things and we are taking it seriously," he said. On the alliance between the BJP and the JD-U, Tiwari said: "Now that things are clear, and we take a final call in a day or two."
JD-U leaders Wednesday seemed to have decided to end the 17-year-old alliance with the BJP over the rise of Modi. A formal announcement to this effect is expected soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest