Advani’s sixth Rath rolls out
Sitab Diara (Bihar): Senior BJP leader LK Advani kick-started sixth Rath Yatra of his life from Bihar’s Chapra on Tuesday. The nationwide Jan Chetna Yatra, aimed at raising awareness about corruption and black money, was flagged off by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Among those present at the flagging-off ceremony were Leaders of Opposition in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley respectively.
Earlier, speaking in Saran district’s Sitab Diara village – the birthplace of Jayaprakash Narayan – Advani stressed on removing corruption from society.
Addressing the crowd at a public rally, Advani said there’s lack of confidence amongst the masses today.
“Corruption needs to be removed from the country. There should not just be political change in elections, but the system also needs to be changed,” the veteran BJP leader said, adding “I believe my yatra will inspire confidence amongst the common man.”
“20th century belonged to the West. We will make 21st century India’s... the common man should take pledge to make this possible,” he said.
Attacking the Congress-led government at the Centre, Advani said the way UPA has governed the country has affected the confidence of Indians.
UPA’s second innings has been worse than its first stint, he added.
Advani reiterated that his yatra, that will conclude in Delhi on November 20, was mainly aimed at fighting corruption and bringing back black money stashed abroad.
The senior BJP leader also lauded Nitish Kumar for changing the face of Bihar after coming to power in 2005.
Advani added that he would come back to Sitab Diara after completing his yatra, as requested by Nitish Kumar.
Advani will now proceed by road to Patna where he would address another rally in the evening.
During his yatra, Advani would stay in Bihar for two days and would be addressing meetings at Ara and Buxar tomorrow before leaving for Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation