After mutton biryani, Kasab now demands `basmati` rice
Mumbai: After `mutton biryani`, 26/11 Mumbai
terror attack accused Ajmal Kasab now wants `basmati` rice to
be served to him in jail.
Kasab wants spicy food and `basmati` rice for himself and
if he does not get dish of his choice he gets furious and
abuses the staff of the Arthur road central prison, where he
Last week, he had demanded `basmati` rice and before that
wanted `mutton biryani`, Jail Superintendent Rajendra Dhamne
said on Monday.
"Kasab`s mood swings still continue and time and again we
reprimand him," he said.
He has thrown tantrums in jail in last few days by
refusing to eat food, not dressing in time to come to the
court and abusing the staffs who attend on him, the official
The jail authorities have complained to the special
court, hearing the 26/11 terror attack case, about
misbehaviour of Kasab who is facing the trial along with two
Indians for killing 166 persons.
All prisoners are given food as prescribed in the jail
manual, Dhamne said.
The court is yet to hear the complaint, although it had
earlier pulled up Kasab for his misbehaviour and warned him to
show good conduct failing which it would take strict action,
jail officials said.
Whenever Kasab is reprimanded by Judge M L Tahaliyani he
stops all that, but again resorts to his behaviour after some
time, they said.
A camera is fitted in Kasab`s cell and his movements are
being watched round the clock. He is guarded by Indo-Tibetan
Border Police along with the jail guards. There are three
watch towers around his cell which is isolated from others.
The trial, which commenced in April, is expected to
conclude this year end. More than 150 witnesses have been
examined so far and about 50 others are expected to depose,
special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- There has been no development in West Bengal, only TMC syndicate rules: Rahul Gandhi
- 67 properties of Sahara up for sale, process to start next week: SEBI to SC
- North Korea sets party congress date amid nuclear test fears
- AgustaWestland scam: Manmohan Singh dismisses BJP's charge
- Eww! Nargis Fakhri's reaction to lip-lock with Emraan Hashmi is shocking