Afzal Guru hanging `worrying trend`, says rights body
New Delhi: Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru`s hanging "shows a very worrying trend by the Indian government", Human Rights Watch said Saturday.
"The hanging of Afzal Guru, following closely behind the hanging of (Mumbai attack convict) Ajmal Kasab in November, shows a very worrying trend by the Indian government," it said.
"Human Rights Watch opposes the death penalty in all circumstances as an inherently irreversible, inhumane punishment," said Meenakshi Ganguly, the South Asia director of Human Rights Watch.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!