Afzal requested family not to mourn his demise in final letter
Srinagar: Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru had no remorse at the time of execution and he had asked his family not to mourn his death and respect the "stature" he has achieved.
"(My) request to the family is not to regret (mourn) my end but they should respect this stature," Afzal said in the eight-line letter written shortly before his execution.
The family released the letter written in Urdu this evening through email to media offices and on social networking sites.
"Million thanks to Allah that He chose me for this place (martyrdom). Congratulations to the believers that we remained with truth all the time and my end came for truth," Guru said in the letter which was written at 6.25 am on February 9.
"Allah is ally and protector," were the closing words of the letter penned by Afzal.
Just before Afzal was to be hanged he had asked for a pen and paper to write the letter to his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical