Agatha Sangma, PA Sangma meet Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In the run-up to Lok Sabha elections, Nationalist Congress Party MP Agatha K Sangma and National People`s Party (NPP) national president PA Sangma on Friday met BJP president Rajnath Singh here.
The BJP had fielded PA Sangma as its contestant for the 2012 Presidential Elections.
The Lok Sabha election dates for the two reserved seats of Shillong and Tura in Meghalaya has been fixed on April 09.
Congress is bracing itself to retain the Shillong parliamentary seat and is also optimistic that the Tura parliamentary seat (represented by Nationalist Congress Party MP Agatha K Sangma) will go in its favour this time.
Of the 25 seats in the northeast region (14 in Assam, two each in Tripura, Meghalaya, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh and one each in Mizoram, Nagaland and Sikkim), Congress secured 13 in the last Lok Sabha polls in 2009 while the Bharatiya Janata Party got four seats.
Congress is in power in Manipur, Mizoram, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya while the CPI-M-led Left Front rules Tripura. The NPF-led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland is ruling in Nagaland and the SDF in Sikkim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state