Agatha Sangma, PA Sangma meet Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In the run-up to Lok Sabha elections, Nationalist Congress Party MP Agatha K Sangma and National People`s Party (NPP) national president PA Sangma on Friday met BJP president Rajnath Singh here.
The BJP had fielded PA Sangma as its contestant for the 2012 Presidential Elections.
The Lok Sabha election dates for the two reserved seats of Shillong and Tura in Meghalaya has been fixed on April 09.
Congress is bracing itself to retain the Shillong parliamentary seat and is also optimistic that the Tura parliamentary seat (represented by Nationalist Congress Party MP Agatha K Sangma) will go in its favour this time.
Of the 25 seats in the northeast region (14 in Assam, two each in Tripura, Meghalaya, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh and one each in Mizoram, Nagaland and Sikkim), Congress secured 13 in the last Lok Sabha polls in 2009 while the Bharatiya Janata Party got four seats.
Congress is in power in Manipur, Mizoram, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya while the CPI-M-led Left Front rules Tripura. The NPF-led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland is ruling in Nagaland and the SDF in Sikkim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region