Agitation only to achieve independent CBI: Bedi
New Delhi: Ahead of Anna Hazare`s fast from
Tuesday to demand a `strong` Lokpal, Team Anna on Monday said it
was not aligned with anyone in particular and that it was
only fighting to achieve an "independent" and "non-partisan"
Team Anna member Kiran Bedi said a solution in this
regard should emerge from the debate in Parliament on the
Lokpal Bill in the coming days.
"We are aligned with no one in particular but support
anyone or any force that wants a corruption-free country. And
to achieve that we need an independent, non-partisan CBI," she
The former IPS officer also said the team wanted a CBI
which cannot be "manipulated" by politicians.
Her comments come on the eve of Hazare`s three-day fast
in Mumbai beginning tomorrow demanding a strong Lokpal.
Bedi alleged that for years, the CBI has been "under the
cover (of politicians)" and "politically manipulated" by
"Since the problem is known, solution should be given on
it and that is what should be done on December 27," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP