Agitation only to achieve independent CBI: Bedi
New Delhi: Ahead of Anna Hazare`s fast from
Tuesday to demand a `strong` Lokpal, Team Anna on Monday said it
was not aligned with anyone in particular and that it was
only fighting to achieve an "independent" and "non-partisan"
Team Anna member Kiran Bedi said a solution in this
regard should emerge from the debate in Parliament on the
Lokpal Bill in the coming days.
"We are aligned with no one in particular but support
anyone or any force that wants a corruption-free country. And
to achieve that we need an independent, non-partisan CBI," she
The former IPS officer also said the team wanted a CBI
which cannot be "manipulated" by politicians.
Her comments come on the eve of Hazare`s three-day fast
in Mumbai beginning tomorrow demanding a strong Lokpal.
Bedi alleged that for years, the CBI has been "under the
cover (of politicians)" and "politically manipulated" by
"Since the problem is known, solution should be given on
it and that is what should be done on December 27," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das