Agitation only to achieve independent CBI: Bedi
New Delhi: Ahead of Anna Hazare`s fast from
Tuesday to demand a `strong` Lokpal, Team Anna on Monday said it
was not aligned with anyone in particular and that it was
only fighting to achieve an "independent" and "non-partisan"
Team Anna member Kiran Bedi said a solution in this
regard should emerge from the debate in Parliament on the
Lokpal Bill in the coming days.
"We are aligned with no one in particular but support
anyone or any force that wants a corruption-free country. And
to achieve that we need an independent, non-partisan CBI," she
The former IPS officer also said the team wanted a CBI
which cannot be "manipulated" by politicians.
Her comments come on the eve of Hazare`s three-day fast
in Mumbai beginning tomorrow demanding a strong Lokpal.
Bedi alleged that for years, the CBI has been "under the
cover (of politicians)" and "politically manipulated" by
"Since the problem is known, solution should be given on
it and that is what should be done on December 27," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16