AICTE gets closure requests from around 150 tech institutes
New Delhi: The government on Friday said All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has received applications from around 150 technical institutions, requesting permission for closure citing various reasons.
"According to information given by AICTE, some technical institutions have submitted applications for closure due to various reasons, including poor admission," Minister of State in HRD ministry E Ahamed told Rajya Sabha in reply to a question.
Fifty-six such applications had been received from Andhra Pradesh, 18 from Rajasthan, 17 from Uttar Pradesh, 13 from Gujarat, seven from Maharashtra, six each from Punjab and Haryana, five each from Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka, four from Chhattisgarh, two each from West Bengal and Tamil Nadu, and one each from Uttarakhand and Bihar, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state