AICTE gets closure requests from around 150 tech institutes
New Delhi: The government on Friday said All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has received applications from around 150 technical institutions, requesting permission for closure citing various reasons.
"According to information given by AICTE, some technical institutions have submitted applications for closure due to various reasons, including poor admission," Minister of State in HRD ministry E Ahamed told Rajya Sabha in reply to a question.
Fifty-six such applications had been received from Andhra Pradesh, 18 from Rajasthan, 17 from Uttar Pradesh, 13 from Gujarat, seven from Maharashtra, six each from Punjab and Haryana, five each from Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka, four from Chhattisgarh, two each from West Bengal and Tamil Nadu, and one each from Uttarakhand and Bihar, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'