AICTE gets closure requests from around 150 tech institutes
New Delhi: The government on Friday said All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has received applications from around 150 technical institutions, requesting permission for closure citing various reasons.
"According to information given by AICTE, some technical institutions have submitted applications for closure due to various reasons, including poor admission," Minister of State in HRD ministry E Ahamed told Rajya Sabha in reply to a question.
Fifty-six such applications had been received from Andhra Pradesh, 18 from Rajasthan, 17 from Uttar Pradesh, 13 from Gujarat, seven from Maharashtra, six each from Punjab and Haryana, five each from Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka, four from Chhattisgarh, two each from West Bengal and Tamil Nadu, and one each from Uttarakhand and Bihar, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?