Air Marshal Vashisht becomes IAF maintenance chief
New Delhi: Air Marshal RK Vashisht, a Kargil conflict hero and the senior-most aeronautical engineer of the Indian Air Force (IAF), on Saturday took over as the air officer-in-charge of maintenance (AOM) at the Air Headquarters here.
An AOM is responsible for maintenance and management of all IAF aircraft, weapon systems and equipment.
A graduate in mechanical engineering from Delhi College of Engineering, Vashisht was commissioned in the Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical) Branch of the IAF on January 06, 1975.
An alumnus of National Defence College, Vashisht has held various field and staff appointments including command engineering officer at Shillong-based Eastern Air Command, senior maintenance staff officer at Allahabad-based Central Air Command and assistant chief of air staff (Engineering `B`).
He closely steered the setting up of maintenance facilities for Mirage-2000 fleet during its induction in the IAF.
Vashisht was formerly discharging the responsibility of Director General of Aircraft at the Air Headquarters.
He was conferred the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal in January 2008 and Mention-in-Despatches (M-in-D) for his outstanding contribution during 1999 Kargil conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues