AK Antony orders CBI probe in defence land scam in Jodhpur
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony has ordered a CBI probe into a land scam in Jodhpur allegedly involving transfer of a 4.84 acre Army plot to a trust belonging to a royal family in 2007 by officials of his ministry and the service.
Defence land of 4.84 acre was allegedly transferred to the private trust belonging to a royal family of Jodhpur that year. The plot of land, located in the heart of the city, is now being developed for commercial purposes and is worth Rs 15 crore, sources said here.
The Minister ordered the CBI probe recently after an Additional Secretary-rank officer completed the departmental inquiry into the allegations, they said.
In all the defence land scams, Antony has been of the view that there should be no cover up and no one should be protected.
In the Jodhpur land scam, sources said some top officials of the Defence Estate Organisation are under the scanner and their roles would be looked into by the CBI in its investigations.
The alleged scam comes after Adarsh and Srinagar land scandals, which are already being probed by the CBI.
In the Srinagar land scam, officials of the DEO had allegedly sold the land on which the IAF airfield in the city has been built and civilians had even come to take possession of the piece of land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says