AK Upadhyay is new Road Transport & Highways Secy
New Delhi: AK Upadhyay, a 1975 batch IAS
officer, will take over as the new Road Transport and Highways
Secretary, succeeding RS Gujaral, who has been shifted to the
Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, as its Secretary.
Upadhyay, a Bihar cadre officer, is working as Secretary,
Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs and
Sports, and is scheduled to assume his new charge on July 1, a
Road Transport Ministry official said.
Upadhyay will assume charge as Secretary, Road Transport
and Highways, after Gujaral relinquishes the charge, the
Appointments Committee of Cabinet said in a notification that
was sent to the Road Transport Ministry today.
Gujaral, a 1976 batch IAS officer of the Haryana cadre,
was appointed as Transport Secretary on August 1 last year
after the retirement of Brahm Dutt and will assume charge as
Revenue Secretary after the retirement of the present
Secretary, Sunil Mitra, on June 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16