AK Upadhyay is new Road Transport & Highways Secy
New Delhi: AK Upadhyay, a 1975 batch IAS
officer, will take over as the new Road Transport and Highways
Secretary, succeeding RS Gujaral, who has been shifted to the
Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, as its Secretary.
Upadhyay, a Bihar cadre officer, is working as Secretary,
Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs and
Sports, and is scheduled to assume his new charge on July 1, a
Road Transport Ministry official said.
Upadhyay will assume charge as Secretary, Road Transport
and Highways, after Gujaral relinquishes the charge, the
Appointments Committee of Cabinet said in a notification that
was sent to the Road Transport Ministry today.
Gujaral, a 1976 batch IAS officer of the Haryana cadre,
was appointed as Transport Secretary on August 1 last year
after the retirement of Brahm Dutt and will assume charge as
Revenue Secretary after the retirement of the present
Secretary, Sunil Mitra, on June 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city