AK Upadhyay is new Road Transport & Highways Secy
New Delhi: AK Upadhyay, a 1975 batch IAS
officer, will take over as the new Road Transport and Highways
Secretary, succeeding RS Gujaral, who has been shifted to the
Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, as its Secretary.
Upadhyay, a Bihar cadre officer, is working as Secretary,
Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs and
Sports, and is scheduled to assume his new charge on July 1, a
Road Transport Ministry official said.
Upadhyay will assume charge as Secretary, Road Transport
and Highways, after Gujaral relinquishes the charge, the
Appointments Committee of Cabinet said in a notification that
was sent to the Road Transport Ministry today.
Gujaral, a 1976 batch IAS officer of the Haryana cadre,
was appointed as Transport Secretary on August 1 last year
after the retirement of Brahm Dutt and will assume charge as
Revenue Secretary after the retirement of the present
Secretary, Sunil Mitra, on June 30.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'