AK Upadhyay is new Road Transport & Highways Secy
New Delhi: AK Upadhyay, a 1975 batch IAS
officer, will take over as the new Road Transport and Highways
Secretary, succeeding RS Gujaral, who has been shifted to the
Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, as its Secretary.
Upadhyay, a Bihar cadre officer, is working as Secretary,
Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs and
Sports, and is scheduled to assume his new charge on July 1, a
Road Transport Ministry official said.
Upadhyay will assume charge as Secretary, Road Transport
and Highways, after Gujaral relinquishes the charge, the
Appointments Committee of Cabinet said in a notification that
was sent to the Road Transport Ministry today.
Gujaral, a 1976 batch IAS officer of the Haryana cadre,
was appointed as Transport Secretary on August 1 last year
after the retirement of Brahm Dutt and will assume charge as
Revenue Secretary after the retirement of the present
Secretary, Sunil Mitra, on June 30.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy