Allegations against Modi baseless: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday said the allegations levelled against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on a gas deal are "factually baseless, motivated and mischievous" and regretted that Parliament is being disrupted on the issue.
"The repeated adjournment initiated by Congress in both Houses on the Gujarat gas deal is factually baseless and motivated. The Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation has already circulated the Carried Interest Agreement with GeoGlobal Resources in 2010 itself," BJP chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
He further maintained that GSPC has also written five letters to ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas requesting modification of the production sharing contract which has not been done for last more than two years.
"Therefore, the Union Ministry of Petroleum is at fault and there has been no production till date from the gas block nor even a single farthing paid. These allegations against Modi and GSPC are completely baseless and mischievous," Prasad said.
Meanwhile, Tapan Ray, Managing Director of GSPC, has written a letter to the editor of Tehelka magazine- which carried the story- denying all allegations against it as baseless and without complete appraisal of facts.
Congress members had displayed copies of the magazine in the House and raised slogans against Modi. They demanded a CBI inquiry into the matter.
The news report alleges that the Gujarat government`s deal has led to a windfall gain of Rs 20,000 Crore to GeoGlobal Resources which was given a 10 per cent stake in a gas exploration project allegedly for nothing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH