Amit Mitra complains of chest pain, hospitalised
New Delhi: West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra, who was heckled by SFI activists, was Tuesday evening hospitalised after he complained of chest pain, a doctor at AIIMS said.
"He was admitted at 7.30 pm He complained of chest pain. He is in a private ward (of the hospital)," a doctor at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) told IANS.
Mitra and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee were heckled by the Students Federation of India activists when they were coming to meet Planning Commission Deputy Chairperson Montek Singh Ahluwalia to discuss the annual plan of the state.
The agitated students carrying placards pushed Mitra around and shouted slogans as he tried to enter the office in the heart of the city.
In the melee, his white kurta was torn.
Banerjee, who was to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, also cancelled her meeting citing ill health, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you