Amit Mitra complains of chest pain, hospitalised
New Delhi: West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra, who was heckled by SFI activists, was Tuesday evening hospitalised after he complained of chest pain, a doctor at AIIMS said.
"He was admitted at 7.30 pm He complained of chest pain. He is in a private ward (of the hospital)," a doctor at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) told IANS.
Mitra and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee were heckled by the Students Federation of India activists when they were coming to meet Planning Commission Deputy Chairperson Montek Singh Ahluwalia to discuss the annual plan of the state.
The agitated students carrying placards pushed Mitra around and shouted slogans as he tried to enter the office in the heart of the city.
In the melee, his white kurta was torn.
Banerjee, who was to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, also cancelled her meeting citing ill health, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS