Amit Mitra complains of chest pain, hospitalised
New Delhi: West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra, who was heckled by SFI activists, was Tuesday evening hospitalised after he complained of chest pain, a doctor at AIIMS said.
"He was admitted at 7.30 pm He complained of chest pain. He is in a private ward (of the hospital)," a doctor at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) told IANS.
Mitra and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee were heckled by the Students Federation of India activists when they were coming to meet Planning Commission Deputy Chairperson Montek Singh Ahluwalia to discuss the annual plan of the state.
The agitated students carrying placards pushed Mitra around and shouted slogans as he tried to enter the office in the heart of the city.
In the melee, his white kurta was torn.
Banerjee, who was to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, also cancelled her meeting citing ill health, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely
- VHP president Praveen Togadia visits Bajrang Dal's 'self-defence' camp in Noida, defends arms training of activists
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28