Amit Mitra complains of chest pain, hospitalised
New Delhi: West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra, who was heckled by SFI activists, was Tuesday evening hospitalised after he complained of chest pain, a doctor at AIIMS said.
"He was admitted at 7.30 pm He complained of chest pain. He is in a private ward (of the hospital)," a doctor at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) told IANS.
Mitra and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee were heckled by the Students Federation of India activists when they were coming to meet Planning Commission Deputy Chairperson Montek Singh Ahluwalia to discuss the annual plan of the state.
The agitated students carrying placards pushed Mitra around and shouted slogans as he tried to enter the office in the heart of the city.
In the melee, his white kurta was torn.
Banerjee, who was to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, also cancelled her meeting citing ill health, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!