Amit Mitra complains of chest pain, hospitalised
New Delhi: West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra, who was heckled by SFI activists, was Tuesday evening hospitalised after he complained of chest pain, a doctor at AIIMS said.
"He was admitted at 7.30 pm He complained of chest pain. He is in a private ward (of the hospital)," a doctor at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) told IANS.
Mitra and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee were heckled by the Students Federation of India activists when they were coming to meet Planning Commission Deputy Chairperson Montek Singh Ahluwalia to discuss the annual plan of the state.
The agitated students carrying placards pushed Mitra around and shouted slogans as he tried to enter the office in the heart of the city.
In the melee, his white kurta was torn.
Banerjee, who was to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, also cancelled her meeting citing ill health, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men