Anna and Ramdev flop stars: Congress
Ranchi: AICC leader Shakeel Ahmed on Thursday dubbed Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev as "flop stars" and said the people had rejected their arguments.
"The people have already realised the misconception they had for both Anna Hazare and Ramdev and now rejected their wrong arguments. The two are flop stars", Ahmed asserted at a press conference here.
Ahmed’s remarks came in the wake of the joint pledge of Anna Hazare and Ramdev to fight against corruption.
Replying to a query on the issue of bringing back black money from foreign banks, Ahmed said, while NDA had been in touch with those having black money during its rule, it was the UPA government which had taken initiatives on the issue.
"The central government is making all efforts to share information with other countries on it", Ahmed who is also the party’s in-charge of Jharkhand said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees