Anna and Ramdev flop stars: Congress
Ranchi: AICC leader Shakeel Ahmed on Thursday dubbed Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev as "flop stars" and said the people had rejected their arguments.
"The people have already realised the misconception they had for both Anna Hazare and Ramdev and now rejected their wrong arguments. The two are flop stars", Ahmed asserted at a press conference here.
Ahmed’s remarks came in the wake of the joint pledge of Anna Hazare and Ramdev to fight against corruption.
Replying to a query on the issue of bringing back black money from foreign banks, Ahmed said, while NDA had been in touch with those having black money during its rule, it was the UPA government which had taken initiatives on the issue.
"The central government is making all efforts to share information with other countries on it", Ahmed who is also the party’s in-charge of Jharkhand said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble