Anna and Ramdev flop stars: Congress
Ranchi: AICC leader Shakeel Ahmed on Thursday dubbed Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev as "flop stars" and said the people had rejected their arguments.
"The people have already realised the misconception they had for both Anna Hazare and Ramdev and now rejected their wrong arguments. The two are flop stars", Ahmed asserted at a press conference here.
Ahmed’s remarks came in the wake of the joint pledge of Anna Hazare and Ramdev to fight against corruption.
Replying to a query on the issue of bringing back black money from foreign banks, Ahmed said, while NDA had been in touch with those having black money during its rule, it was the UPA government which had taken initiatives on the issue.
"The central government is making all efforts to share information with other countries on it", Ahmed who is also the party’s in-charge of Jharkhand said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test