Anna arrives in Delhi for Jantar Mantar fast
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare arrived in Delhi on Tuesday to offer support to Team Anna members who are scheduled to go on indefinite fast against corruption from tomorrow at Jantar Mantar.
Arvind Kejriwal will be leading the agitation this time as Anna Hazare would not fast due to ill health. Other key members who will fast are Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai.
However, Anna will share the stage with others who are fasting. As per reports, Baba Ramdev has also been invited.
Importantly, new President Pranab Mukherjee will be sworn-in tomorrow morning. Kejriwal has claimed that he will furnish proof of corruption against Mukherjee.
The team has got permission to fast at Jantar Mantar till Aug 8, the day the monsoon session of parliament is expected to begin.
A small rally was expected to escort Anna Hazare from the airport, and the team has also been circulating text messages asking people to join the rally with their vehicles.
Hundreds of volunteers of India Against Corruption (IAC) are involved in the preparations for the July 25 fast. The team has been divided into various teams like crowd management, sanitation, health, media and guest management etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees