Anna arrives in Delhi for Jantar Mantar fast
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare arrived in Delhi on Tuesday to offer support to Team Anna members who are scheduled to go on indefinite fast against corruption from tomorrow at Jantar Mantar.
Arvind Kejriwal will be leading the agitation this time as Anna Hazare would not fast due to ill health. Other key members who will fast are Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai.
However, Anna will share the stage with others who are fasting. As per reports, Baba Ramdev has also been invited.
Importantly, new President Pranab Mukherjee will be sworn-in tomorrow morning. Kejriwal has claimed that he will furnish proof of corruption against Mukherjee.
The team has got permission to fast at Jantar Mantar till Aug 8, the day the monsoon session of parliament is expected to begin.
A small rally was expected to escort Anna Hazare from the airport, and the team has also been circulating text messages asking people to join the rally with their vehicles.
Hundreds of volunteers of India Against Corruption (IAC) are involved in the preparations for the July 25 fast. The team has been divided into various teams like crowd management, sanitation, health, media and guest management etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore